Pepper is an exotic spice from southern India and Sri Lanka sold in different colors depending on the degree of maturity of the grains. Pepper is the king of spices and promises many benefits and virtues for our health.
The benefits :
- This spice has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, it is recognized as stimulating and antiseptic.
- Pepper hepatoprotective, pepper protects the liver. It is also a natural antioxidant.
- The consumption of pepper improves digestion and stimulates appetite; it is recommended in case of nausea, flatulence or constipation.
- By stimulating the production of endorphins, pepper is a natural antidepressant that helps fight anxiety and depression.
- Attention toutefois, abuser du poivre peut provoquer de graves brûlures de l’appareil digestif.
The other health benefits of pepper :
When used externally, pepper can also be effective.
The essential oil of black pepper stimulates the body, helps fight muscle pain and rheumatism. It is also effective in relieving the respiratory tract.
Massages with black pepper essential oil relax the contracted muscle areas (tendinitis, cramps). They are recommended in the physical preparation of athletes to heat the muscles.